FireLite®-IGU Clear Ceramic Fire Rated Insulated Glass Units
FireLite-IGU's are composed of FireLite Fire-Rated clear transparent ceramic "wireless" UL Classified fire-rated 3/16" (5mm) thick glazing material and tempered or annealed float glass products.
These Insulated Glass units are listed for applications requiring 20,45 and 60 minute fire ratings with required Hose Stream Test and Positive Pressure Tests (UL 10C).
In 60 Minute Rated Walls or Partitions with up to 3,325 square inches of maximum exposed viewing area with a 95" maximum width or height dimension.
In 90 Minute Rated Walls up to 2,627 square inches of maximum exposed viewing area with a 56-1/2" maximum width or height dimension occurring in rated walls or partitions.
In non-temperature rise fire rated Doors with 20, 45 and 60 minute fire ratings with required Hose Stream Test and Positive Pressure Tests (UL 10C) up to 3,204 square inches of maximum exposed viewing area with a 36" maximum width or 89" maximum height dimension.
In non-temperature rise fire doors with 90 minute rating up to 2,034 square inches of maximum exposed viewing area with a 36" maximum width and 56-1/2" maximum height dimension occurring in 90 minute rated doors
In Temperature Rise fire doors with 20, 45, 60 and 90 minute rating up to 100 square inches of maximum exposed viewing area with a 12" maximum width and 33" maximum height dimension occurring in Temperature Rise rated doors
This product can be for impact safety rated locations.
FireLite-IGU's can be fire-rated and either filmed or laminated and labeled as meeting the Impact Resistance requirements of ANSI Z97.1 and CPSC 16 CFR1201 (Cat I and Cat II) as required per IBC 2406 Safety Glazing in Hazardous Locations.
Impact Resistant locations include any windows occurring in a wall within 24" of a door opening, or within 18" of the floor, borrowed lites, sidelites, transoms or any glazing occurring in a swinging or sliding door or other high risk of human impact areas.
*This product is not a barrier to radiant heat. This product does not meet the test standards of ASTM E-119 or UL 263. If your project requires a "barrier to heat" product please visit the Pilkington PyroStop product webpage.
- Fire-Rated up to 90 minutes with required Hose Stream Test
- Passes the Positive Pressure Test standards of UL 10C,UBC 7-2 and UBC 7-4
- Impact Resistant Safety Rated meeting ANSI.Z97.1 and CPSC 16 CFR1201 (Cat.I and II)
- Withstands sudden Thermal Shock
- STC Ratings of 35 dB and up to 38 dB.
- Provides a clear view and is completely wireless
- Larger pane sizes available (See FireLite-NT approved Listing sizes and limits)
- Available in 2 optical surface grades: FireLite Standard and FireLite Premium
- Available as laminated as Impact Resistant FireLite-Plus
- Can be lightly sandblasted/etched with graphics or logos on 1 side
- Also available in insulated glass units as FireLite-NT-IGU or FireLite-Plus IGU (Contact Ray-Bar for details)
- One-Way Mirror
- X-Ray Lead Glass
Certifications, Listings and Approvals
- This FireLite product is Classified and labeled by Underwriters Laboratories, Inc and Underwriters Laboratories of Canada.
- Ray-Bar's UL File number for labeled fire-rated glazing assemblies is R38927.
- Tests performed in accordance with UL 9, UL 10B, CSFM 43.7, NFPA 80, NFPA 252, NFPA 257, UBC 43.4, UBC 7-2, UBC 7-4,
CAN4 S-104 and CAN4 S-106.
- And approved for use in Los Angeles, CA: LARR 25798
- Also approved for use in New York City, NY: MEA 290-90-M-6.