FireLite®-IGU Clear Ceramic Fire Rated Insulated Glass Units
FireLite-IGU's are composed of FireLite Fire-Rated clear transparent ceramic "wireless" UL Classified fire-rated 3/16" (5mm) thick glazing material and tempered or annealed float glass products.
These Insulated Glass units are listed for applications requiring 20,45 and 60-minute fire ratings with required Hose Stream Test and Positive Pressure Tests (UL 10C).
- In 60 Minute Rated Walls or Partitions with up to 3,325 square inches of maximum exposed viewing area with a 95" maximum width or height dimension.
- In 90 Minute Rated Walls up to 2,627 square inches of maximum exposed viewing area with a 56-1/2" maximum width or height dimension occurring in rated walls or partitions.
- In non-temperature rise fire-rated Doors with 20, 45 and 60-minute fire ratings with required Hose Stream Test and Positive Pressure Tests (UL 10C) up to 3,204 square inches of maximum exposed viewing area with a 36" maximum width or 89" maximum height dimension.
- In non-temperature rise fire doors with 90-minute rating up to 2,034 square inches of maximum exposed viewing area with a 36" maximum width and 56-1/2" maximum height dimension occurring in 90 minute rated doors
- In Temperature Rise fire doors with 20, 45, 60 and 90-minute rating up to 100 square inches of maximum exposed viewing area with a 12" maximum width and 33" maximum height dimension occurring in Temperature Rise rated doors
Applications for impact safety-rated locations
FireLite-IGU's can be fire-rated and either filmed or laminated and labeled as meeting the Impact Resistance requirements of ANSI Z97.1 and CPSC 16 CFR1201 (Cat I and Cat II) as required per IBC 2406 Safety Glazing in Hazardous Locations.
Impact Resistant locations include any windows occurring in a wall within 24" of a door opening, or within 18" of the floor, borrowed lites, sidelites, transoms or any glazing occurring in a swinging or sliding door or other high risk of human impact areas.
*This product is not a barrier to radiant heat. This product does not meet the test standards of ASTM E-119 or UL 263. If your project requires a "barrier to heat" product please visit the Pilkington PyroStop product webpage.
- Fire-Rated up to 90 minutes with required Hose Stream Test
- Passes the Positive Pressure Test standards of UL 10C, UBC 7-2 and UBC 7-4
- Impact Resistant Safety Rated meeting ANSI.Z97.1 and CPSC 16 CFR1201 (Cat.I and II)
- Withstands sudden Thermal Shock
- STC Ratings of 35 dB and up to 38 dB.
- Provides a clear view and is completely wireless
- Larger pane sizes available (See FireLite-NT approved Listing sizes and limits)
- Available in 2 optical surface grades: FireLite Standard and FireLite Premium
- Available as laminated as Impact Resistant FireLite-Plus
- Can be lightly sandblasted/etched with graphics or logos on 1 side
- Also available in insulated glass units as FireLite-NT-IGU or FireLite-Plus IGU (Contact Ray-Bar for details)
- One-Way Mirror
- X-Ray Lead Glass
Certifications, Listings, and Approvals
- This FireLite product is Classified and labeled by Underwriters Laboratories, Inc and Underwriters Laboratories of Canada.
- Ray-Bar's UL File number for labeled fire-rated glazing assemblies is R38927.
- Tests performed in accordance with UL 9, UL 10B, CSFM 43.7, NFPA 80, NFPA 252, NFPA 257, UBC 43.4, UBC 7-2, UBC 7-4,
CAN4 S-104 and CAN4 S-106.
- And approved for use in Los Angeles, CA: LARR 25798
- Also approved for use in New York City, NY: MEA 290-90-M-6.