"Standard Grade" FireLite products are polished for a smoother surface quality that most other alternate fire rated ceramics currently offered on the market advertise as "premium", and this is typically accepted by more than 80%+ of projects optical quality expectation requirements.
This FireLite product is NOT for impact safety rated locations or doors.
This regular 3/16" FireLite product is for use in fire rated windows that occur in walls at least 25"+ away from any door openings, and not Impact Resistant.
However 3/16" FireLite-NT fire-rated safety filmed products and also 5/16" FireLite+Plus fire-rated safety laminated products are labeled as meeting the Impact Resistance requirements of ANSI Z97.1 and CPSC 16 CFR1201 (Cat I and Cat II) as required per IBC 2406 Safety Glazing in Hazardous Locations.
Impact Resistant locations include any windows occurring in a wall within 24" of a door opening, or within 18" of the floor, borrowed lites, sidelites, transoms or any glazing occurring in a swinging or sliding door or other high risk of human impact areas.
*This product is not a barrier to radiant heat. This product does not meet the test standards of ASTM E-119 or UL 263. If your project requires a "barrier to heat" product please visit the Pilkington PyroStop product webpage.
FireLite Glass Ceramic Features and Options
- Fire-Rated up to 90 minutes with required Hose Stream Test
- Passes the Positive Pressure Test standards of UL 10C,UBC 7-2 and UBC 7-4
- Withstands sudden Thermal Shock
- Provides Fire Protection from Flame and Smoke from both sides of FireLite ceramic glass
- Provides a clear view and is completely wireless
- Larger pane sizes available (See FireLite approved Listing sizes and limits)
- Available in 2 optical surface grades: FireLite Standard and FireLite Premium
- Available as laminated as Impact Resistant FireLite-Plus
- Can be lightly sandblasted/etched with graphics or logos on 1 side
- Also available in insulated glass units as FireLite-NT-IGU (Contact Ray-Bar for details)
Certifications, Listings and Approvals
- This FireLite product is Classified and labeled by Underwriters Laboratories, Inc and Underwriters Laboratories of Canada.
- Ray-Bar's UL File number for labeled fire-rated glazing assemblies is R38927.
- Tests performed in accordance with UL 9, UL 10B, CSFM 43.7, NFPA 80, NFPA 252, NFPA 257, UBC 43.4, UBC 7-2, UBC 7-4,
CAN4 S-104 and CAN4 S-106.
- And approved for use in Los Angeles, CA: LARR 25798
- Also approved for use in New York City, NY: MEA 290-90-M-6.