FireGlass20 is a Fire-Rated Impact Safety Rated Clear Tempered Glass UL Classified 20 minute fire-rated 1/4" (6mm) thick glazing material for certain Door applications with Positive Pressure Test UL 10C (WITHOUT HOSE STREAM TEST).
In non-temperature rise fire-rated Doors with a 20-minute maximum fire rating with Positive Pressure Tests UL 10C (WITHOUT HOSE-STREAM TEST) up to 3,204 square inches of maximum exposed clear "daylight" viewing area installed in a door vision frame with a 36" maximum width or 89" maximum height dimension.
This product is for impact safety-rated locations in Doors.
FireGlass20 fire-rated tempered gazing material is labeled as meeting the Impact Safety Rated requirements of ANSI Z97.1 and CPSC 16 CFR1201 (Cat I and Cat II) as required per IBC 2406 Safety Glazing in Hazardous Locations.
*Impact Safety Rated locations include any glazing occurring in a swinging or sliding door.
*For higher fire rated 45, 60 and 90-minute glazing requirements with required Hose Stream Test please see FireLite ceramic glazing product options.
*This product is not a barrier to radiant heat. This product does not meet the test standards of ASTM E-119 or UL 263. If your project requires a "barrier to heat" product please visit the Pilkington PyroStop product webpage.
FireGlass 20 features and options
- Fire-Rated to 20 minutes in specified size limits, (Without Hose Stream Test)
- Clear and wireless (89% Light Transmission)
- Tempered (at least 4x times stronger than wired glass)
- Passes the Positive Pressure Test standards of UL 10C (Without Hose Stream Test)
- Impact Resistant Safety Rated meeting ANSI.Z97.1 and CPSC 16 CFR1201 (Cat.I and II)
- Protection from fire and impact safety both sides of glass
- See approved Listing sizes and limits
- Available in Insulated Glass Units (IGU) with other glass product options
Fireglass 20 Certifications, Listings and Approvals
- This FireGlass 20 product is Classified and labeled as 20 Minute fire rated by Underwriters Laboratories, Inc and Underwriters Laboratories of Canada.
- Ray-Bar's UL File number for labeled fire-rated glazing assemblies is R38927.
- Tests performed in accordance with CSFM 43.7, NFPA 252, UL 9, UL 10B and UL 10C (WITHOUT HOSE STREAM TEST)
- Approved for use in Los Angeles: LARR 25798