"Standard Grade" FireLite-IGU products are polished for a smoother surface quality that most other alternate fire rated ceramics currently offered on the market advertise as "premium", and this is typically accepted by more than 80%+ of projects optical quality expectation requirements.
FireLite-IGU's (Insulated Glass Units) are for certain fire rating applications with required Hose Stream Test and Positive Pressure Tests (UL 10C) and proper permanent UL labeling as required per IBC and NFPA under Ray-Bar's UL file# R38927.
FireLite-IGU's are a perfect choice in certain Fire Rated wall openings and providing the dual purpose and additional performance options of: Low-E, STC , Tinted , Reflective , 1-Way Mirror, Lightly Frosted or X-Ray Protective.
Ray-Bar FireLite-NT-IGU's and FireLite+PLus-IGU's meet the impact resistant requirements of IBC 2406 "Safety Glazing" and ANSI Z97.1 and CPSC 16 CFR 1201 Cat II standards for installation into Doors and also Hazardous Locations in certain Fire Rated wall openings and providing additional performance options of:
FireLite-IGU GLASS CERAMIC INSULATED GLASS UNITS FEATURES and OPTIONS
- Fire-Rated up to 90 minutes with required Hose Stream Test under Ray-Bar's UL file# R38927.
- Passes the Positive Pressure Test standards of UL 10C,UBC 7-2 and UBC 7-4
- Withstands sudden Thermal Shock due to exposure of cool sprinkler system water or fire hoses.
- Provides a clean clear view and is completely wireless.
- Larger pane sizes available (See FireLite-IGU approved Listing sizes and limits)
See our FireLite-IGU Technical Data sheets and Details for additional information for sizes , fire ratings and specific applications and limits.
*This product is not a barrier to radiant heat. This product does not meet the test standards of ASTM E-119 or UL 263. If your project requires a "barrier to heat" product please visit the Pilkington PyroStop product webpage.